Friday, September 08, 2006

my script. . .

I know this needs a lot of work. . .and if you guys have any ideas to wrap it up let me know.


Show host: Good evening everyone, and Welcome to “Cheaters Never Prosper” where we expose your loving significant other for dirty cheating lowlifes they really are.

(applause)

Show Host: We’ve got an especially heart wrenching show ahead of us today. . . Here with us is Dustin, a Rollins freshman who suspects his girlfriend of three months of being unfaithful.

(gasps)

Show Host: So Dustin, why don’t you tell us a little bit about your relationship?

Dustin: (Sigh) Well, I met Sally a few months back and we hit it off immediately. She’s different from most other girls I’ve dated. . .she’s so adventurous, so bold, and she’s never afraid to try something new. I really admire her, but lately I feel we’ve become more distant. . . Every night it seems she has plans without me and I think there might be some one else.

Show host: Well everyone, sounds like we’ve got a cheater on our hands.

Dustin: Well, I’m willing to give her the benefit of a doubt. I just want the opportunity to talk things out between us. It’s possible she could just be really busy- I mean she has been involved in a lot of on campus activities lately.

Show Host: She’s a cheater, Dustin. A dirty pirate hooker, if you will. The sooner you except this the easier the healing process will be. And there will be no talking things out- just painful realization and hurtful confrontation. That’s how we roll on “Cheaters never Prosper”

Dustin: Hey don’t you think you’re crossing the line just a bit? I really don’t appreciate you talking about Sal--

Show Host: I’m sorry Dustin, but we have a lot of show to get through so you’re gonna have to save your crying for the next commercial break. It’s about that time we show painfully embarrassing footage to expose Sally’s incriminating acts of whorishness!
Everyone Ready?!

(audience roars in approval)

Show Host: Alright then. Let’s see it!
(set darkens and screen drop down behind show host and Dustin)
(first incriminating photo appears, audience gasps)

Show Host: As we can see here, Sally is philandering with a rather nerdy looking creep from what I understand is the Star Wars enthusiasts club on campus. Wow that must be pretty embarrassing for you , huh Dustin?

Dustin: I- I don’t know what to say. I can’t believe-

Show Host: Sorry Dustin, I just hate to cut you off but we have a lot more painful cheating footage to expose to the world. Next Clip?
( audience ooh, awws, and gasps)

Show Host: Please tell me your girl friend is not cheating on you with a the president of the chess club. It’s like she’s adding insult to injury. What do you have to say about this one, Dustin?

Dustin: (becoming very annoyed) Why did seem like a good idea to sort out my relationship problems on national television?

Show Host: I don’t know, but It’s making for some great TV. My ratings are shooting through the roof.
( audience applause)

Dustin: (with sarcasm) Well I’m glad you people are amused. What’s wrong with you? Can you have some sympathy here- I mean I am a person and I-

Show Host: Alright Dustin I’m going to ask to stop talking for a few minutes. . .sit the next few rounds out, if you get my drift. Now let’s get back to business- Next clip!
(next clip appears, audience gasps and boos)

Show Host: O. My. I don’t think any kind of explanation can excuse this one. In all my years of hosting this show, and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anything so repulsive. This is disgusting, I mean this is really, really, terrible. I mean, I would be embarrassed to even know this woman-

Dustin: Ok, Ok, I get the freakin point.

Show Host: (clears throat) As I was saying, this appears to be Sally with a member of . . .the bed wetter’s association?
(audience chatter)

Audience member: (stands and yells) Wait a minute! Hold on one second!

Show Host: looks like a member of our audience has something to add. Someone get him a microphone.

Audience member: Is this Sally the Slut? You are dating Sally the Slut? And you didn’t think there would be any infidelity in this relationship? I don’t know if you are aware of this, but part of her name involves the word “slut.”
( Sally the Slut, unable to sit backstage with dread, rushes onto the stage)

Sally the Slut: Yes I am Sally the Slut, and I am not ashamed. I will not just sit and take this anymore.
( audience gasps and everyone turns to look at Sally)

Show Host: O, about that. I really did not see this coming. . .So we are just going to cut to a brief commercial break, we’ll be right be back with more humiliation, scandal, and-

Sally: No! I won’t stand for anymore of this. Listen, Dustin, I am truly sorry about all this. . .I never meant to have to find out about it like this. But I am a woman inspired. I vowed to expand my horizons, to go where no woman has probably ever been before. . . To the chess club and even the bed wetter’s association. I want to hook up with someone from everyone from every club on campus.

Dustin: But Sally, doesn’t that make you sort of a whore?

Sally: NO. I am from a mission from God and I will not be stopped.

Comments:
a lot of good ideas were thrown out in class about how to play with the script and make it better. I hope you took them all in and now you will have to do what all writers do, try and figure out what advice was worth keeping and what advice is worth ignoring.

I like the fact that you incorporated another character into the script, but don't forget that the first half depends a great deal of dustin's character. Who is he? What is he up to? Why should we care about him being betrayed by her? He needs to have some elements invested in him.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?