Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Glad That Shows Over (Show #3)

Well, I think it's safe to say that last night was not our best work. The first hour was nothing but chaos and miscues, which is a shame because I think we ruined a great piece of writing by Carolina, and some other good scripts by John and Nate. Without a doubt, the highllight of the show was Amanda's "Cheaters" script. That just goes to show that the scripts that are posted earliest are the ones that turn out the best. We also all had a lot of energy while performing that. I think we should take Rich up on his offer and cast him more, becuase he does a good job.

Personally, I know i made a number of mistakes in the DJ booth (leaving mics on, not having music ready), but i really liked doing it and I really want to DJ again before the end of the semester. For all future DJs out there, I think it would be a good idea to come in another 30 minutes early in order to lean the tech stuff that the job entails. I was kind of leaning on the fly and it just added to the confusion of last ngiht. It may also be a good idea to make a little play list of at least write down the songs you want to play before we actually go on air. I didnt have enough time to pick out all the music i wanted, and it got me flustered.

I'm excited for next week. I think we have the oportunity to really turn this thing around. Let get our scripts in early, get our parts cast, practice a little bit more, and get some more energy. Lets get our shit together and make a good show. I know we can.

Take it easy guys,
Walker

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?