Thursday, September 14, 2006

DRUGS @ Rollins

Eric Cohen
Darkness Visible Radio
No Friends

Nate- Depressed Girl Sounding Man/Lauren
Rich- Depressed Obnoxious Guy on steroids
Johnny- Gay Guy loves coke/ Jarome
Me- drug dealer/HollyWood
Sarah- street girl with attitude
Amanda- very intellectual smarty pants
Carolina-shy girl
Seth-stoner
Joesy- Cracker
Professor Boles-security 1
John-Security 2

Nate- Hey HollyWood! You got my stuff?

Eric- I thought the doctor told you to lay-off all drugs until you’re off the suicidal watch list

Nate- That’s preposterous, the only reason im on that stupid list, is because freaaaakin, campus security couldn’t tell I was drunk. Im sorry, I get very depressed when im drunk.

Eric- Well I mean good enough for me here just don’t kill yourself ok lauren

Johnny- Hey Lauren, I got a question.

Nate- Yes… jarome

Johnny- Lauren who was that guy you were with last night.

Nate- OMG! Mike the meat head he’s crazy. How did you let that happen!

Johnny- Well I tried to get your attention but he started to conoogle your depression and was being like uhh… fake nice you know and you fell for it.

Nate- ughhhh… im so stupid…. Noooooo, wait. So that’s the guy who left my bed this morning . AAAAAHHHHHHH! Wait that’s him, pretend like we were never talking about him.

Rich- Hey Hollywood, you got my stuff.

Eric- Yea bro right here.

Rich- my roommate is outa town can you help me out this week I want to focus on the legs.

Eric- Has anyone told you before you have a problem

Pickin Hollywood up by the throat

Eric- Yo Mike your kinda choking me. Alright ill put this in your legs jeeze.

Rich- Sorry dude I tend to loose my cool when people get me aggravated. So Lauren, what you doin lata

Nate- Ughhh not chilling with you, sicko

Rich- Why you actin all crazy you were lovin me last night

Nate- Wait lets get one thing straight. I was drunk. You took advantage of me. Left. So heres a little something, get, away, before I call campus security for pushing me toward the edge of suicide, one. Two. Three.

Rich- Aite im outta here, Hollywood

Eric- Yea

Nate- I hate his guts.

Eric- yea he is a weird kid. A little to… whats the word self conscious.

Johnny- So Hollywood you have that fresh powder for me I need to tickle my nose.

Eric- Well jarome do you have money for me this time I cant eat anymore cheeseburgers.

Johnny- no but I do have a friend for you

Eric- OOhhh yea wa she look like.

Johnny- Skinny, blonde, velumptious girl and loves Hollywood the city so shell love you.

Eric- Yea bring her over

Amanda- Hey hunny… I here they call you Hollywood.

Eric- That’s me

Amanda- Well I hear… Johnny says you’re the man on campus you need something youll get I think that’s hott.

Eric- Well…. (trying to be modest) that’s me

Amanda- So youre goin to hit me up lata right?

Eric- yea wa ur digits

Amanda- 555-5445

Johnny- I told you the complete package right.

Eric- Y do you gay people have such hot girl friends

(switching over to a normal heterosexual voice)

Johnny- yo you really think im gay I just love chillen with hot girls

Eric- then what you doing chillen with Lauren..

Johnny- She has massive depression feel kinda bad… but really because here friends are smoking.

Eric- Youre a dog I wish I knew that earlier

Johnny- yea yo I shower with them check em’ for breast cancer… the only crappy part is the voice really hurts my throat… Don’t say a word here she comes… (switching voices back) Heeeey Lauren!

Nate- Hey guyz! Hollywood thanx so much for these pills! Jarome I need you to take me back to the room and tell me the secrets to a true man.

(thinking to himself)

Eric- that son of a gun… (outloud) take care guyz… don’t pull anything

(out of the blackness of the sky a woman appears)

Sarah- Eyyyy Hollywood, wa up?

Eric- Hey Shantori! What it going to be tonite?

Sarah- I would love those rocks. Ya know me and my boyfriend are goin out tonite being that Tuesday is the new Saturday you smell me.

Eric- Excuse me do I smell you?

Sarah- Its an expression you dumb cracka.

Eric- OOOO!..... Yea I smelll ya… (mumbling under his breadth) freak

Sarah- lata Hollywood!

Eric- Lata! Looky loooky if it isn’t the man without a plan stooner ffrancesco.

Seth- Hey mannn like I want to pick up like a lot of stuff.

Eric- Oo yea you a narc!?

Seth- Nooo wayyy mann.. Im like a student

Eric- I know this isn’t you first trip to me mookie

Seth- Hahaa yea I Know man I didn’t know if you remembered me…

Eric- Of Course I remember you your like me biggest buyer since I got here… yesterday.

Seth- True mannn… I smelt you when I was walking buy Mckean… I have sixth senses and seventh senses

Eric- ooo yeayy

Seth- Yup im quite proud of my ability to pick up the stench of weed in a square mile radius

Eric- 50 bux you smoking man put that stuff in my hand if that money doesn’t show than im goin to not give you my dro

Seth- Woaahh dude you just make that up….

Eric- Run now before……

Seth- AEHHHHHHH! (footsteps trembling off in the distance)

Eric- What a stooner… Rollins is surprisingly filled with some outlandish characters, wait, what does outlandish mean.

Amanda- Well outlandish means extreamily weird or bizarre

Eric- Where did you come from

Amanda- Well I tend to pop out of bushes and stuff when people need answers

Eric- Well what kind of answer

Amanda- anything

Eric- Are you god?

Amanda- Nope just a really smart girl on a full ride

Eric- Why are smart girls so damn attractive.

Carolina- He he hello…

Eric- yes shy girl how may I help you

Carolina- Well I could use some marijuana do you have marijuana

Eric- Are you an RA?

Carolina- What wha what makes you think that?

Eric- Well first of all your repeating yourself three times, your shvitzing, and your speaking into the middle of your chest

Carolina-Well Im just uhhhh shhhyyy yea shhhy call me shhyyy grl

Eric- Ok sshhhhyyy grlll hahaa how much you want.

Carolina- All of it

Eric- I want a g

Caolina- ill be ba bac back

Joesy- Hollllyyywwoood IIII needed you

Eric- Well im goin to have to let you dry out in the parking lot your goin through withdrawal

Joesy- noooo you don’t understand! I need your help

Eric- My hands are tied dear

Joesey- Well your cover is blown

Eric- Wait what you mean

Joesey- campus security and the police are on the way to search the room

Proffesor Boles- Excuse me son what are you doing hanging out on mills lawn all by yourself

Carolina- AHHHaaaa we gotcha you slime ball peace of Garbage

John- This kid is pathetic do we even need to ask

Proffesor Boles- Its apart of protical we must ask

John- Ok if you insist

Proffesor Boles- Are you carrying any narcotics on your persons

Eric- My what

Proffesor Boles- Your persons

Eric- My what

Proofessor Boles- Kid are you selling drugs

Eric- Ughhhh no… im talking to people

Joesey- yea is that illegal or something

Proffesor Boles- lady don’t get involved

Joesey- Well why not

John- cause the law of the campus say so….

Joesey- you don’t scare me looser… wa u drop out of highschool to get this job

Proffesor Boles- that’s it your comin with me

Joesey- waaiiitt….. I didn’t do anything Hollywood is the one selling drugs

Eric- Haaahhhaaa thanx babe!

John- Your lucky the big man picked her up instead of you

Eric- Yo heres a hundred take it easy! Keep it on the look out for me
John- For sure I gotch you kid but this is goin to be a weekly thing right

Eric- Right

John- its been a pleasure Hollywood

Eric- yes mr. security guard

Carolina- yoooourrr luccckkky kid that’ll be tonite

Eric- How’d my spot get blown up in one day. These rich girls don’t know how to keep there mouths shut. Cant they just pick up drugs then leave. God Rollins is so relaxing.
On the bright side I could’ve been arrested.



Let me KNow if it is to risque

Comments:
i will have to check on the radio station's policy about drug references. I know that in the past we ran into some issues with it, but that was also when we were on the air at noon, rather than at 9-11.

The larger issue is fluidity of the piece. Reading it I found it confusing (in part because of the format you used, which is not the correct format, and because of some of the grammar issues in the script).
Characters just pop up and then are gone. Remember: you are writing for the radio. All you have are vocal cues to let the audience know what is happening. I don't think there are enough here to make it clear as to what is happening and who the characters are. In a way, this script reminds me a bit of the Gazebo script. Without any type of clear narration of what is occurring, it is difficult to follow. You might think of providing some framework for the script.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?